This page contains Fields Dance Studio policies, rules, and general information.
Both parents and students are encouraged to read and understand this information.
- Tuition is payable in ten installments, with each installment due by the tenth
of each month. Tuition is based on a minimum of 34 classes per dance season.
- Checks should be made payable to Fields Dance Studio.
- There is a $35 service charge for any returned checks.
- The studio is closed on Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, and Memorial Day.
- The studio is NOT closed for teacher's meetings, exams,
President's birthdays, or other school holidays.
Cancelled, Missed & Make-Up Classes
- If the Newport News public schools are closed due to inclement weather,
the studio will be closed if the roads are still unsafe at class time.
Call the studio or check our Facebook site if you are uncertain whether or
not we are open.
- Cancelled classes will be made up at a later date.
- If you miss a class, you still pay for that lesson. If you miss several classes,
we will try to arrange a time to make up the work.
- If you plan to discontinue dance lessons, you must notify the studio or you
will be charged for all classes until until notification is received. Two weeks' notice is
required for cancellation.
- Parents are permitted to observe class once per month.
Due to limited space,
only two observers per student are allowed. Observers must sit quietly
and not disturb or distract the class. No small children, please. Observers
are permitted only at the discretion of the instructor.
- Students should be on time for class. Plan to arrive approximately five minutes
before class, and be ready for your first subject.
- Do not wear dance shoes outside. Change them at the studio. This will keep your
shoes clean and in good condition, and protect the studio dance floor.
- On wet days, change your shoes in the waiting area.
- No street shoes on the studio dance floor!
- Keep your shoes and dance equipment with you in the studio. Put your name on
all of your dance equipment. Do not leave your things in the waiting area.
Fields Dance Studio is not responsible for lost or
stolen dance equipment.
- Pointe students are required to enroll in Ballet Technique classes, for
their own benefit.
- No unnecessary talking during class. This applies to both students and observers.
- No gum, candy, drinks, food, smoking, or cell phones are allowed in the
studio. Cell phones may be used in the front office area or outside the building.
- No video recording/filming ais allowed in class without advance permission from the studio.
- Girls, 3-5 years: Leotard and tights (any style or color). Short skirt optional.
- Girls, 6 years and up: Must wear solid-color tights and leotard, bikertard,
unitard or biker pants over leotard. No t-shirts. No bare-midriff tops. Fitted dance shirts are permitted
- Boys, all ages: Solid-color t-shirts and shorts, biker pants, warm-up pants, or jazz pants.
- No jewelry or watches.
- Hair must be pulled back from the face, and long hair must be worn in a bun or braid.
- Hip Hop classes wear tank or t-shirt with jazz or warm-up pants, hip hop sneakers, and knee pads.
- Costumes for the June recital will be ordered in February.
- Recital costume payment plan: A $65 deposit is required by the end of November.
The balance is due by early February. Refer to the home page for
actual dates for each dance season.
- Recital pictures are taken in May or June.
- Recital is held in June at a local auditorium.
- Recital fee (approximately $45) is due in May.